Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

This past Wednesday morning, I had my mock interview. I have to admit, I was kind of nervous because I didn't really know what to expect and I've never had a "real" job interview before. Mrs. Rogers made me feel really comfortable, but I realized that I need to learn how to get over my nervousness because I feel like I didn't do as well as I could have because of it. I think that I also could have done better if I had been more prepared. I should have researched the graduate program I was applying for more before the interview so that I could better answer her questions and have questions of my own for her about the program.

I'm glad that I was able to have this experience because now I know what kind of questions to expect in an interview. Mrs. Rogers also informed me of a lot of important information about graduate school, which was really helpful. Even though I feel like I didn't do very well, it was a good learning experience, and I'm glad that it happened in a safe setting rather than in a real job interview. Hopefully, when I go to my real interview for graduate school in the future, I will be able to do well because of this experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goal in doing this interview is to help you see you can do it. Some people have so much experience, they might not need another mock interivew. Other haven't had the chance yet, so it's pretty new to them. I could tell you were a bit nervous in the beginning of the interview, but that got much better. I think you did fine, and I think that you have plenty on your resume to make you feel confident.